Thursday, December 6, 2012

Doubles Results

It's been entirely too long since my last update and much has happened for me in the gaming world since then, most notably Gundam John and I at the 2000 point team tournament.  This is a few weeks back now, so I'm a bit hazy on details, so I'll sum up. 

First round was against Demons and Chaos Marines.  The game looked much closer than it ended up looking.  Both John and I are very attentive with objective missions and not losing whole units.  Primary was objectives which we won, don't recall the secondary, but we got that as well.  Tertiary for all games was a scaling system based on VP differential, which I am a big fan of.  So not quite max points, but a good start. Best part was definitely a demon prince assaulting John's broadsides and getting a pair of  over-watch railguns to the face!


Round two against Keith and Mike was a strange game.  Great first round of shooting, followed by several rounds of us not doing much of anything.  We made some really smart moves and with a little luck ended up winning this match as well, unfortunately by only a very small margin.  Given how the game went we were definitely lucky here.  A few things went our way in the last two rounds.

Round three was Brad and Brian Blood Angels and Sisters.  This was my first match against Sisters since the WD (shows you how popular it is in the area).  Both teams are definitely in the hunt for placing at this point, so what happens?  John and I pull off a minor win resulting in Keith and Mike from our previous round leap frogging us to place.  John and I end up in 4th overall, 1 point behind 3rd and not much behind 2nd (no where near first which maxed out all 3 rounds).

We had a great time.  Opponents were great in all three rounds and we ended up with three wins, so there was nothing to complain about.  I was excited we finally balanced our lists correctly and found a way to work together.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention placing 1st in the best painted army category.  Tough competition as usual, but I think I won out based on the consistency of how the army was painted.  Everything was at the same level, with great detail, where as a few other armies that were close had a few pieces that weren't up to par with the rest of their army.  I'll take it! 

On a related note the store just put up an amazing display case, myself and several others have been invited to put some of our best painted models on display.  I'm just figuring out which to have added.

More updates to come...commissions...my allied unit....Gundam John conversions and more....unless I end up overworking again like I have the last few weeks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment