Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stormraven: WIP

The Stormraven has been assembled, primed and based grey (original chapter color scheme) for about 6 months.  It has also been sitting on the shelf after trying it in three games and failing miserably in 5e.  So with 6e out and flyers being the rage, I decided to revisit the paint scheme again.  Going with the chapter emblem of the sunburst, I decided to go with that for the Stormraven.  Here's what it looks like so far.


The base coat here wasn't difficult. I started off with blue for the entire top. Next I taped off where I wanted the sunbeams to come out from and added the yellow.  Last I went back and added the half circle to the tail.


The next steps are to add some significant blending to both colors.  Then getting some shading in the recesses.  After that I need to decide what I want to do with the sides and bottom.  I want it to have a completely different look based on the angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment