Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dark Angels/Imperial Guard 1850 Tournament

I'm working on my 1850 DA/IG list for a tourney at the end of the month.  Had a couple of games already, both losses, but this is fine since I've confirmed some issues I thought might come up with the list and made some more adjustments.

Here's what we are looking at right now...

HQ
Azrael
Company Command Squad (4) Lascannon

Troops
Deathwing Squad (5) Thunder Hammer x3, Plasmacannon
Ravenwing Bikes (5) Plasmagun x2
Ravenwing Bikes (3) Meltagun x2
Platoon Command Squad (4) Lascannon
Infantry platoon Squad x4 (40) Poweraxe, Meltabomb, Flamer, Lascannon

Fast Attack
Black Kinghts (6) grenade launcher

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad (5) Lascannon x3
Devastator Squad (5) Lascannon x3
Devastator Squad (5) Lascannon x3

 
 I tried running Ravenwing Command Squad instead of the knights, but the Ravenwing Banner and Apothecary ended up as wasted points: upgrades that slow down losing are better spend elsewhere.  The Knights do all the same for the most part and have a 6th rider for the same emount of points.

I'm running 5 Deathwing instead of 6+.  I had been running into trouble with 5, keeping them alive and useful, so I kept adding more.  Instead I should have been focusing on how I was using them.  Anything that can kill 5 with ease, can kill 6 or 7 just as easily.  Instead I should be making better use of them.  Rather than meeting other elite units head on and losing, these guys should be walking over a couple of troops units, or just sitting on an objective daring anyone to come at them, they are scoring after all!

The Plasma bike squad was always just shy of doing what they needed to and unlike with the terminators I felt like 2 more bodies would make a difference.  5 vs. 7 is very different than 3 vs. 5, especially when they are not fearless.

For the Company and Platoon Command I stopped getting fancy and just gave them each a Lascannon.  No more Plasma and Chimeras or trying to work in Creed to scout the blob forward.  This area was sucking up too many points that weren't doing enough.  I know the Lascannons won't do much easier, but am ok with that considering the cost.  

The Infantry Squad I bumped up to 4 units instead of 3 and went with the Lascannons instead of the Autocannons.  AP4 doesn't do a whole lot for me right now and I feel like this is more effective anti-air.  Giving these guys a re-roll order to hit against flyers, plus the other ranged weaponry should do the trick, without having to blow points on flakk or quadgun.

The devastator squads are the biggest divergence from the other list versions I have been running.  I'm usually running one of these squads, sometimes with another that has Flakk Missiles, and sometimes with Plasmacannons.  The risk I m taking with this is to run them without the Librarian.  Not sure if I am making the right move with this or no and feel like this is where I need the most advice.  65 points gets me a divination librarian.  Guarunteed to get re-roll to hit and could also get ignore cover, full BS overwatch, or make opponent re-roll sucessful saves.

I ended up opting for another lascannon squad instead of the librarian, streamlining much like I did with the bikes and the command squads.  Is this the right call or should I add the librarian back in...with mastery level 2...with a force field generator?

No comments:

Post a Comment