Friday, March 16, 2012

New Projects and Old Display Board

"The Lion"
I've included some pictures of the display board I used for Templecon and Battleground Tournaments where I had best painted score.  I have found it to be way too small for my liking.  It certainly has all of the elements I would like to have in a board, but doesn't allow for the models to be spread out in such a way as to appreciate each model and the board at the same time.  I'm trying to come up with a new plan for a bigger board, but too many other projects need to get done first.

"The Edge of Dawn"



"The Fall"




















I hung out with Simon and Matt last night.  Matt showed off his recently painted models.  Lots of legion of the Damned and Chapter Masters.  Matt's painting skill has improved amazingly of late.  Too bad he doesn't play often since I rarely get to see what he has been working on.

Simon has me starting on his Grey Knight "Inquisition Army"  just a few dozen more models that will each be individually modified and customized.  It is a ton of models and work, but I like the overall theme of the army so much it doesn't matter.  Lots of crazy unique pieces and a liberal approach to "Counts As."  Simon is a top notch player so it is great seeing the models I've been painting for him perform well.  Simon will have some articles and posts here as a guest to contribute.  Hopefully, he'll be able to provide content on a regular basis, or at least Batreps from some of the larger New England area tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment