Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Typical burnout after a tournament.  I haven't done much since the 24th gaming wise, but am ready to get back into gear.  There are two events next month a 2000 and a team 500.  Given the choice I'll be going to the 2000.  However, scheduling around the family tends to make these decisions for me, so we'll see.

500 team event is definitely a switch from what I like to play.  500 points is completely out of my comfort zone, and I have yet to play a successful doubles tournament as far as placing.  If I go I'll be teaming up with Gundam John as usual with his Tau.  I may switch over to vanilla marines for this, not sure yet, but I haven't been able to build anything in the BA book that I can get excited about.

2000 is really where I love my Blood Angels list to be at.  Deathwing aren't as strong at this many points, but I can still have fun with them here.  I'm planning on working on a BA list for this that is a little different than what I have been playing.  A much more aggressive build that is less reliant on redundancy.  Stormraven and Land Raider are an inclusion this time around.

I'm currently working on Inquisitor Coteaz for painting.  I tried to do a little non-metallic metal gold, but that failed.  His armor ended up looking like a flesh tanned leather.  It wasn't what I was going for, but I think I like it anyway.

Some bits are on the way for the scouts and bikers, so I have been waiting for those to arrive before doing any additional modelling or painting with them...

So many small things going on at once, I definitely need to get the desk cleaned off and get organized. 

1. Prioritize commissions
     A. Repentia
     B. Kroot
     C. Lava Rocks Bases
     D. Coteaz

2. Prioritize my own work
     A. Whatever I need for the 2000 list for April
     B. Whatever I need for the 500 list for April
     C. Finish all the Mech
   




3 comments:

  1. How's the gold color coming?
    -Gundam John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Complete failure for gold, but great looking tanned leather achieved, so that's what I'll be going with instead!

      Delete
  2. The other side of our performance in tournaments has been our either completely caught off guard by a list ie the Storm Raven Furioso w/Fleet and Mephiston combo or our not righting power armor we were optimized against.

    http://play-tau-win.blogspot.com/

    -Gundam John

    ReplyDelete