Monday, August 12, 2013

Gearing up for 1500

Working on a much different kind of list for the 1500 at the end of the month.  DA and Guard was  bust last time around, so I am really mixing things up with Guard and DA.  I'm hitched to the Azrael Blob.  I love how it works and finally feel I have a handle on it and didn't want to give up on that element.  That being said there were several other things in the list not working out well at all, so time for a mix up at lower levels.  I am not giving up on DA w/Guard entirely, just feel like that is better for me to work out at 1850.

Here is what I'm looking at for 1500...

Company Command Squad with Lascannon
Azrael
Platoon Command with Autocannon
40 Blob of Guard with axes, Autocannons and Flamers
Penal Legion
Scouts w/ Snipers and Cloaks
Psyker Battle Squad x2
Deathwing Hammers x2 and Plasmacannon
Lemun Russ Eradicator
Aegis Defense Line w/ Quadgun

Should be getting in my first practice game with this on Friday and working on it all week to get it painted up.

1. Assemble Quad Gun
2. Remove Aquila from Aegis Line
3. Make sure Snipers are wysiwyg
4. Test subject for the Psyker Battle Squad - need to make sure the hoods look good....
5. Fix center of the display board
6. Paint Penal Legion
7. Clean up DW Terminators
8. Finish Azrael
9. Clean up CCS
10. Clean up PCS
11. Clean up the Blob
12. Assemble Psyker Battle Squads with green stuff hoods/cloaks
13. Details to the Aegis Defense line, then prime and paint
14. Clean up the LR Eradicator

Looks like I have quite a bit to do...you'll notice that I have left the harder parts until the end.  If I don't love the list I may just finish painting a few bikes and run an all Ravenwing list instead which would compete well for best painted and be fun to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment