Monday, August 19, 2013

Psyker Battle Squads

Been working on the 1500 list for the next tournament and already overhauled the list by taking out the entirety of the Dark Angels.  Straight up Guard. They are certainly a struggle as a main detachment and even more so without allies, but I feel like this will not be as big of a problem at lower point levels.

First thing's first I needed two Psyker Battle Squad and a Defense Line.  My DIY defense line was taking too long and was too far down on the priority list, so I caved and bought the kit.  Just need to scrape the aquilas off and it is good to go.  If I have time I'll do some free hand on it, or maybe add some guard kits and gear around the bases to look like it is an active defense at all times.

The Psyker Battle Squad was a challenge.  I'm not up for buying and painting 20 metal models. So I grabbed a box of Skaven instead...because they have the same number of models in one box that I need.  Good logic right?  Here's the first one remodelled all the way through.  Heads gone and tails removed since rats as guard has already been done, and done well in my gaming circle, I thought I'd go another way with these models...



Just going to have the two overseers with the banners so I can pick them out.  The rest are going to have CC weapons or pistols per the wargear.  The most will have trophies they carry of the space marines they have defeated, helmets or weapons.  Going to get trade off between modelling the others and getting some paint on this fella.  The hoods take a while to model and cure, so there is time in between to get a paint scheme started.  I was thinking of doing the tan robes I have always done for the Dark Angels models, but now leaning more towards the blue or yellow that I have been using for the rest of the Guardsmen's armor instead, to liven things up a bit.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment