Friday, May 18, 2012

Primed!

I didn't get nearly as much done this or last week for 40k as I would have liked, but with yard work, Mother's day and little one not sleeping through the night...I can't complain that everything I need for the 1250 doubles is at least primed.

I've been struggling with modelling the gear configuration all week.  With the majority of the list having jump packs I really wanted to keep the Vanguard (not the unit, but actually military formation) feel to the list.  Instead of doing melta guns and plasma guns, I have been modelling each with two plasma pistols or two infernus pistols.  I love the look, but have wysiwyg concerns for the tournament.  No where in the list am I using either type of pistol as a pistol, so they cannot be confused in that way, but I can still see how it is confusing at a glance to someone.  I'll be running it by the tournament organizer this week to be on the safe side and make sure to explain the setup as well.

I put some special effort into the hair on the Honor Guard, that I am thrilled with. I just need to figure out how to work up the highlights on it next.  Everything else got primed...except for two should pads I forgot to add to the melta gun for the second assault squad.  I'm planning on doing this squad of assault marines just like the second one which will speed the process along.  The terminators and first assault squad are done already, so I'm more than half way there.

On a completely different note, expect to see a series of guest articles coming out here. Simon has been too lazy to start his own blog, but looking for an outlet for his many thoughts and unique perspective on the game.  Look for the his bio and first entry later this week, along with more pictures of the 1250 list in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment