Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Revised Doubles List

This week it has been all Repentia, Acolyte Warriors, and Pskyers for Simon...who I am still waiting on Bat Reps from Adeptican.  Repentia are nearly done, just need the finest highlights.  Warriors and Psykers are coming along...there are 48 total models.  I have them all assembled and primed.  The base coating is going to be assembly line. First step was skin, which is done.  I'm now about a dozen models in doing red clothe and robes.  No idea how long this will take, but I am actually enjoying the process.  The models are each very unique, so even though they are assembly line each model is getting different attention.  Simon picked up some more Death Co. with prize money from a recent tourney for painting trade.  Since I need the 5 more models for the doubles list I need to get a good amount of these done for him sooner rather than later!

Speaking of the doubles list, here is what I am looking at so far...

Librarian - Unleash Rage and....maybe Shield or Fear the Darkness?
Honor Guard with plasma guns x3 and jump packs

Assault Marines 10 Fist meltagun x2 and jump packs
Assault Marines 10 Fist meltagun x2 and jump packs

Assault Terminators 10 6 claws, 4 hammers
Priest

37 models at 1250 is plenty for me.  The flexibility of the 10 man units to combat squad means having enough troops for objectives will be a piece of cake.  John's planning on brining 3 troops choices anyway, so that is covered.  Between melta guns and Broadsides, heavy armor is now worries.  Missile pod crisis suits should chew up transports and the terminators with the libby and priest can handle just about everything.  We really just need to get in a a bunch of practice games.  Of course this week is not looking very good for that.

The list also needs lots of painting work so as soon as I get that rolling I'll be adding some pics.

1 comment:

  1. I sent the battle reports! Well, what I have of them. They aren't really reports; four games followed by whiskey followed by flight doesn't lead to a solid memory. I'll do some real reports soon though.

    And can't wait to see the finished products. I'm finally going to get to play Sisters again!

    ReplyDelete