Monday, July 2, 2012

Ogryn Servitor w/ Plasma Cannon WIP/6e Impression so far

Still working on all the henchmen for Simon's "Grey Knights" list, though there isn't a single Grey Knight in the list.  The latest is a plasma cannon servitor that goes with the Techmarine.  Still a WIP but I'm so excited I had to get some shots up of it.





The entire army is a eclectic combination of different models and kit bashes.  The henchmen are a ragtag group that is fanatically following the inquisitor from all backgrounds.  This one is hardly the exception.  The plasma cannon was from an older dreadnought and obviously metal, which made this a bit of a challenge.  I needed a pretty sturdy support which is why I chose the fantasy ogre torso and head.  The track was something that Simon suggested when I was going through the bits.  He also tossed some strange gears and claw bits from a random accessory kit he won in as well.  Good thing the custom bases are metal as well, otherwise I would have had a really hard time given the weight of the weapon.  Even still I had to pin the torso, down through the track, into the base to keep it from toppling over.  I also had to pin it a bit over to one side, because it would still tip even when pinned it was so side heavy!

The last bit of priming for Simon's models should happen tonight, then it is on to painting the bases.  I prefer doing them in a batch so hopefully I can get through those in just a day or two.  There are still about 20 models that don't have a speck of painting on them, so I'm not even thinking about being done.  However, with Simon moving at the end of July, I do have an inherent deadline that I need to make, which keeps me motivated! 

I did finally get my hands on the 6e rulebook last night and am pouring through it.  Since I haven't gotten through much of it yet, all I have seen that is knew is the shooting wound allocation, Overwatch and the split of the assault into sub-phases.  So far I really like what I see.  I can't say for sure but from the little I have read, having a torrent of shooting seems more important than ever. I'm sure I'll have much more to cover as the week goes on about the new rules.  First 6e game should be this Thursday night at the FLGS, probably 500 point games.

2 comments:

  1. Simon showed me the finished product Thursday and it came out AWESOME Chris, easily the best servitor i've seen.

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, I'll be adding some pics of the finished project here shortly!

      Delete